Spring Ford Country Club was established in 1924 by a small group of Royersford and Spring City community residents. Desiring a local establishment where locals could get outdoor exercise along with a meeting place where they could socialize and enjoy a bite to eat, these residents set their plan in motion. Over the next 89 years the membership of Spring Ford Country Club has built the club into what it is today.

The original 50 members retained J. Franklin Meehan to design the course and on May 8, 1925 at 1:30 PM, the original 53 members opened the 9-hole golf course. The original clubhouse, an old farmhouse that was converted to accommodate the members, was located near the present-day equipment sheds. In 1928, following a fire that destroyed the original clubhouse, the members erected a new brick clubhouse that still stands today.

Much has changed since those early days. The course has been expanded, buildings have been renovated and the pool has been built. What has endured is that the Country Club remains a place for local families to play golf, socialize and dine. It remains the area’s premier private club and golf course and will proudly celebrate its 90-year anniversary in 2014.